The Town of Mountain City
The town of Mountain City is in Johnson County, Tennessee and has a population of 2,531 according to the 2010 census.
It’s a simple and laidback town for those who live there. Everything you need is right in the town, so the residents don’t have to go far to access things like the post office, the courthouse, shops, gas stations, and churches.
The climate is temperate with monthly averages ranging from 34 to 71 degrees Fahrenheit in January and July, respectively. The elevation of the town is 2,418 feet above sea level and is the highest incorporated city in the state. There can be a lot of snow in the winter, so be prepared to drive on icy roads. A four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended.
The town is small at 3.3 square miles. The Tennessee-North Carolina border is approximately 5 miles east of Mountain City, and the Tennessee-Virginia border is about 10 miles to the north.
What's in Mountain City
Here’s a brief list of the things you can find in Mountain City, Tennessee:
- Ralph Stout Park. A highly-rated park with large fields, playgrounds, baseball fields, and sunset views.
- Teammates Pizza. A quick bite for freshly made pizza.
- Americourt Hotel. Visiting the town? Stay the night in this hotel.
- Mike’s Bar-BQ & Sub Shop. A spot where locals gather for comfort food, small plates, and a quick bite.
- Golden Barn. Nice and knowledgable people at a farm shop.
- Big John’s Closeouts. Local hardware supplies for handymen and women.
- Farmers Barbeque & Grill. A small eatery serving local favorites and breakfast.
- Lois’s Country Cafe. Breakfast, lunch, and group hangouts.
In addition to these specific shops and eateries, residents or visitors can also partake in an outdoor adventure through the local business. Local art and entertainment are also something residents enjoy doing.
Misty Oaks Real Estate in Tennessee
Misty Oaks Real Estate has a proven record of assisting clients with Mountain City, TN, real estate needs, whether they are buying or selling.
We have lived in the area since 2007 and are ready to make your dreams a reality. Contact us to discuss your ideal home or tract of land and let us go to work for you. There is no other place like Johnson County, Tennessee. We represent clients buying and selling in our region.